Thursday, February 23, 2023

See you at the Circus.


Not *that* circus, you clown; the Circus Minimus!

Check out a few shots from our recent playing of Circus Minimus using 10mm (I think) miniatures.

Please look at these miniatures; each painted by my friend Roy Bartoo. Not only did he make each unique and individual, but he made a miniature of each 'counter' needed by each team; the dragged driver, the running driver, the flipped chariot (always needed when I play), and the dead guy. (Also required when I play.) They are exquisitely done by any criteria. Just enjoy the pictures. The game was so much fun, I forgot to take many.


Incredible.


The race is on! We head down the first straightaway. Note the rats on the red chariot on the inside. This is the personal motif of the esteemed Mr. Bartoo.


Whip it good!


Crazy beautiful game... but you know, I doubt Roy has the skill to make a scale spina that would look as good as those chariots.


The first turn! Chariots are fishtailing all over the place..


S-L-O-W-L-Y this time.


Anything but a 1. Almost made a complete lap this time. I'm getting better.

In the end, young Tristanicus Brooklyn wore the laurels and received the adoration of the people as he waved across the finish line. Shoulda bought whores for him last night, dammit.

 

No comments: